Privacy & Security
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Last Updated: May 8, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide To Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites, shop in our stores, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, request a catalog, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect Personal Information and other information that you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a “wish list” or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt-in to receive communications from us.
Please be aware that before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you and are in accordance with the CIFAS guidelines.
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity.
We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is a contractual requirement of the goods, services or financing you have requested.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
We may, with your expressed consent, share your personal data with GDPR Certified Third Party Data Processors as part of our customized marketing strategy. Your personal data will not be hosted by such Third Party Data Processors and any data that is processed will be fully encrypted in compliance with the GDPR.
Your personal data may also be used in order to inform you of promotions, new arrivals and updates via email that we feel are relevant to you and any products you have purchased, sold or serviced, where you have given us consent to do so. Your data will be hosted and processed with CampaignMonitor, a GDPR Certified Third Party Data Processor, in order to be able to provide you with this information.
As part of the processing of your personal data, decisions may be made by automated means. This means we may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk or if our processing reveals your behavior to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers; or is inconsistent with your previous submissions; or you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity. You have rights in relation to automated decision making: if you want to know more please contact our Legal Team at [email protected]
CONSEQUENCES OF PROCESSING
If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services and financing you have requested, or to employ you, or we may stop providing existing services to you.
A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact our Legal Team at [email protected]
Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights please, please contact us using the contact details provided.
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates the processing of personal data.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Further to the above, we may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.GrandLuxuryWatches.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services, for example: name, address, date of birth, address, contact details, financial information, employment details. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Chrono Deluxe Limited – GrandLuxuryWatches.com, and when you report a problem with our site.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Device identifiers such as your IP address.
– Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
As set out in clause above, we may collect information about your computer or other such devices, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for fraud prevention means, system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us. This information may include demographic information; IP address browser type; operating system characteristics; information about your use of our websites and mobile applications; and data regarding network connected hardware (e.g., computer or mobile device), such as unique device identifiers, type, model, version, MAC address, device or session ID, error related data status, capability, confirmation, functionality, performance data, and connection type. This information may also include clickstream data, which is information about the page-by-page paths you take as you browse through the websites.
The methods that we and our service providers may use to automatically collect such information include:
– Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the referring links through which you accessed our websites.
– Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
– Cookies: Cookies are data files that are placed on a computer when it is used to visit a website. These cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, tracking user preferences or web pages visited while using our websites. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites.
For more information about disabling flash cookies, see Adobe Flash Player Security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. In addition, please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.
– Web Beacons: We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” in our web pages and email messages. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to our websites, to monitor how users navigate the websites, and to count how many emails that we have sent were actually opened or how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
– Location-identifying Technologies: We may use GPS (global positioning systems) software and other location-based technologies such as iBeacons (as defined below) to locate you so we may verify your location and deliver relevant content to you based on your location. In addition to traditional GPS location-based services, we may install low power Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, radio transmitters, or other devices in physical locations, which emit a signal that we can detect to pinpoint your location or otherwise facilitate your interaction with our websites and offline retail locations (“iBeacons”).
– Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, and is active only while you are connected to the Service and is deleted or deactivated thereafter Information we automatically collect about you, such as how you interact with our websites, may be combined with your Personal Information. If we associate any such automatically-collected information with Personal Information about you, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We and our business partners and other third parties may send you product promotions that are aligned with your purchase trends identified through automatically-collected information.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. We may also supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third party data cooperatives in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. If we receive Personal Information from a third party source and/or if we combine the information we receive from these third party sources with your Personal Information, we will treat that information as Personal Information. We are not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by third parties or how such third parties collect, use and share such information.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
– Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
– Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
– Process your registration with our websites or mobile applications, including verifying that your email address(es) are active and valid;
– Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
– Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see the Your Choices section below);
– Manage your online account(s) and send you techincal notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages;
– Improve our websites or mobile applications or other Chrono Deluxe Limited products and services;
– Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
– Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
– Process and deliver contest, promotion, and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
– Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
– Contact you regarding your use of our websites and mobile applications and, in our discretion changes to our policies;
– Provide you with notices related to our websites, mobile applications, and other Chrono Deluxe Limited products and services;
– Conduct surveys regarding our websites, mobile applications, and other Chrono Deluxe Limited products and services; and
– Carry out any other purpose disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, at the time you provide your Personal Information, or for which the information was collected, or with your consent.
Consent to Transfer Information
We are based in Ireland and the information we collect is governed by UK laws. By accessing or using our websites or mobile applications or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Ireland and other countries.
Sharing Of Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants and other service providers, including third party delivery services, may have access to Personal Information to carry out work on our behalf. These third party service providers and agents are prohibited from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance and are contractually bound to keep Personal Information confidential. For example, third parties that we use for delivery services will only use your Personal Information for the purpose of completing your delivery.
In addition, we may share information about you as follows:
– With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail in partnership with Chrono Deluxe Limited and/or with cooperative data sharing partnerships unless you opt out of this type of sharing by emailing us at [email protected] (As noted above in the section entitled “Information We Collect from our Partners and Other Sources,” the cooperative data sharing partners with whom we share your information supplement the information we collect about you with outside records in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.)
– To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in response to i) subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; (ii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
– If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us or any third party;
– To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may also use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, Internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you;
– With our affiliates for internal business purposes
In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition of all or any portion of Company assets, financing, disposal, conveyance or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
– With your consent or at your direction.
In our sole discretion, we may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions.
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”) that may require registration. If you choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such Promotion, such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. By entering a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials. Chrono Deluxe Limited may offer opportunities to enter a contest or sweepstakes or other feature that we offer jointly with a third party. As a result of your participation in such feature, your information may be shared with the third party that is jointly offering the feature, which will be disclosed at the time your information is collected
Advertising, & Analytics Services and Online Tracking
This means that some information about your browsing of our websites and mobile applications and certain third party sites may be shared with these companies for the purpose of delivering ads to you on our websites and mobile applications and certain third party sites, and Chrono Deluxe Limited may receive from some of these companies information about third party sites that you have visited. This information is used for marketing purposes and the practice is sometimes termed “retargeting” to indicate that information from one retailer is used to suggest to you relevant products offered by another retailer.
These and other third parties may also collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites and mobile applications.
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Chrono Deluxe Limited currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit All About Do Not Track (DNT).
Community Features and User Content
Our websites may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly through chat rooms, forums, interactive features, or other communication functionality (“Community Features”). We may provide functionality for you to submit or post text (including questions, comments, and suggestions), photographs, audio, videos, or other content (collectively, “User Content”) through Community Features, by linking our websites to a third party service, or otherwise. Please note that certain information, such as your username and profile picture, may be publicly displayed on our websites along with your User Content. User Content consisting of uploaded files may contain metadata, which may contain Personal Information or other information about or relating to you. You may wish to remove metadata from your file(s) before transmitting such file(s) to our websites.
Note that anything you post through Community Features is public — others will have access to your User Content and may use it or share it with third parties. If you choose to voluntarily disclose Personal Information, that information will be considered public information. If you submit User Content, it may be published online or offline at any time. In addition, we may use your User Content and any excerpt from your User Content in connection with our advertising, marketing, publicity and promotional activities
Certain functionality on our websites may permit interactions that you initiate between the websites and a third party website or service (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to “like” or “share” our website content to other websites or services; to log-in to our websites using your username and password for a third party site or service; to transmit content to our websites from your account on a third party website or service; and to otherwise connect our websites to a third party website or service.
If you choose to use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our websites or by the provider of the Social Feature that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third party platform that references our websites (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Chrono Deluxe Limited in a tweet or status update), your post may be published on our websites in accordance with the terms of the third party website or service. Also, both Chrono Deluxe Limited and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our websites and the third party site or service. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their “connections,” or information about you is otherwise accessible through your connections web pages, profile pages, or similar pages on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information collected online.
Our websites are not intended for children and are not targeted to children under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18 and, if we learn that we have received information from a user under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete this information. We do not sell products for purchase by children.
Online Account Information
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page or by emailing us at [email protected] We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time
In addition, if you do not want your information shared with third party partners you may request to be taken off any communications listings from Chrono Deluxe Limited by sending an email to: [email protected]
Third Party Websites
There may be hyperlinks on our websites or mobile applications to other websites or locations that are operated and controlled by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). These Third Party Websites may use their own cookies, web beacons and other technology to independently collect information about you. In addition, these Third Party Websites may solicit Personal Information from you. We make no representations regarding the policies or business practices of such Third Party Websites and encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies before providing them with your Personal Information
Chrono Deluxe Limited
4 Aston Court
© 2018 Chrono Deluxe Limited. All Rights Reserved. Trademarks and service marks appearing on this web site are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Chrono Deluxe Limited, and of certain third parties whose products are featured on the web site. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark displayed on this site without the prior written permission of the owners. Prices are subject to change. Not responsible for typographic errors. Some watches enlarged to show detail.